Metropolitan is a division of MMI Group Ltd, an authorised financial services provider and credit provider. By using this website you agree to these terms. These terms may change from time and time and the terms on the website at the time you use it are applicable to you.
Information contained on this website is of a general nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive explanation of any matter. Calculations are illustrative only and should not be relied upon. No information on this website constitutes advice. You should always consult a professional advisor before taking any decision which affects your personal finances or business.
Subscribing to any service or purchasing any product is subject to the contractual terms of that service or product.
Links to any third party website does not mean that Metropolitan endorses that website or its offering or that the website or its owners are affiliated to Metropolitan. Metropolitan is not responsible for the content of the third party website and use of that third party website is entirely subject to the terms and conditions of that third party website.
Access from a foreign country
Access to this website and any services or products offered by Metropolitan may be illegal in your country. Use of the website is entirely at your own risk.
Offer to do business
Nothing on this website constitutes an offer to do business, unless otherwise specified. Before purchasing any service or product you should confirm that it is legal in your country. Metropolitan does not accept any liability where a product or service is purchased illegally.
While Metropolitan takes care that information provided on this site is accurate, the information is provided without any express or implied warranty. Metropolitan is not responsible for any loss incurred or damages suffered (whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential) to you or any third party that may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of or reliance upon any content displayed on this website by you.
Metropolitan also does not warrant that the website is free from any virus or similar malignant software or that the website is suitable for any particular purpose.
You may not:
- Reproduce, modify, or create derivative works from; publish, distribute, transmit, or display or license or transfer any of the content displayed on the website without the written permission of Metropolitan;
- Decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the website or any software employed in the display or operation of the website;
- Post on or transmit to the website content of an unlawful nature or which could harm another person.
- Interfere with any content displayed on this website;
- Or attempt to gain unauthorised access to information for which you may not be authorised, or to any secure area on the website, a server or any other part of Metropolitan’s system.
- Frame the website or any of its pages without Metropolitan’s prior written consent.
Electronic transactions and communications
When you communicate with Metropolitan by electronic communication, you consent to receiving responses to your communications by electronic communication addressed to you by Metropolitan. You agree that all electronic communications sent by Metropolitan satisfy any legal requirement that such communications should be in writing.
Electronic communications may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. It is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and to others who have the authority to receive it. Unintended recipients of electronic communications may not under any circumstances disclose, copy, distribute or take action that relies on the content of the information contained therein.
Where the contents of electronic communications expressly state the author thereof, any views expressed in the contents shall be construed to be, unless otherwise stated, the views of the author and not those of Metropolitan or any of its management or directors. Electronic communications will only be legal, valid and enforceable on Metropolitan if an authorised Metropolitan employee has confirmed or consented thereto.
You accept the risks inherent in electronic communication in whatever form.
You consent to Metropolitan acting on the information communicated electronically. You are responsible to ensure that Metropolitan has received the information communicated electronically.
You acknowledge and consent that Metropolitan, in its discretion, may retain and store your electronic communications as may be lawfully required. You agree that the electronic records stored by Metropolitan will constitute proof of the content of the records.
Any email communication sent to you will be regarded as being received by you when it enters an information system outside of the control of Metropolitan.
Metropolitan is not responsible for the wireless services used by mobile devices, and is not responsible for the lack of functionality or capability or reliability of any mobile device or software used to access this website.
While the use of this website is free of charge, you will be responsible for any fees which may be charged by your service provider.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Your use of the Metropolitan website will for all purposes relating to its use, constitute your agreement to submit to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa (Western Cape Provincial Division).
Any claim is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
User ID and password
If you subscribe to a service or product provided on the Metropolitan website you may be required to choose a username and a password. You are entirely responsible for –
- Maintaining the confidentiality of your password;
- All activities that occur in your account, either with or without your knowledge;
- Notifying Metropolitan immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security that you know of;
- For losses suffered by Metropolitan or a third party due to someone other than you using your account.
Secure payment system
If any payments are to be made by you to Metropolitan you will be required to use a payment system authorised by Metropolitan.
Except as otherwise stated, Metropolitan is not responsible for any interruption, delayed or failed transmission, loss of programs or other data, or the storage or delivery of information resulting from whatever cause.
Warranties provided by you
- For all purposes you confirm that:
- You are who you say you are, and that you can prove your identity should Metropolitan require you to do so;
- That all information you provide at any time to Metropolitan will be current, complete, and accurate;
Intellectual property rights
The website and all its content (including software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs) are owned by or licensed to Metropolitan. To use any of the contents of the website you must have the written permission of Metropolitan or the licensor.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to:
- Refuse you further access to the website;
- Refer any breach to the police if such breach constitutes a crime;
- Claim damages for all loss and damage it suffers, and expenses it incurs, as a result of your breach.